Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Again very cool from members that they support Metallifukinca:cool!:
    Even the small donations are awesome:thanks:

:tea:
    Touring for two years was more than my body could take.
    You're there and your head tells you that you have to go on,
    but your body is close to giving out. Five to six days a week,
    i was on stage for about two and a half hours every night.
    Doing that for over two years, my larynx didn't feel great,
    it felt like my vocal cords were just falling apart
    -James Hetfield-

I plan to donate, as soon as I can find a few extra dollars that don't go towards rent and other important things. I am actually even considering selling (again? I think I mentioned this a few years back) my signed Filmore T-Shirt I got in 2003. I have it put away, so I don't think about it...but I haven't gotten that desperate, yet.

I do wish I was able to spend as much time around here, as I used to. I get so stir crazy at home, I have to get out and just walk around Seattle (which if you know, in the winter means lots of sloshing through the puddles..lol).

Here's hoping summer and a new job come soon! The sooner both happen, the sooner I can donate money, as I wish I could afford every month, for this totally awesome site!!!

Don't be shy to donate friends!

:thanks:
    -James Hetfield-

It is hard for me to say but I wrote some emails earlier last year about the situation and noone seems to really like to say things about this BUT

I am wondering how much money this website might need and please (!) correct me if I am wrong, this is "only" a bittorrent tracker and a board isn't it? Even with a million users it wouldn't create that much traffic that a server this big and furthermore expensive would be necessary. I do run several linux machines for big websites and really good performance servers with traffic limits around 1TB at real high quality root server providers are available for around 70$ a month. And these server hardware are surely capable of handling all of what this site here needs.

Please let us be more part of the exact problems and I am sure we all can profit from finding good solutions to keep this amazing place alive.

thanks for reading ;)

Quote Originally Posted by intrepid View Post
    It is hard for me to say but I wrote some emails earlier last year about the situation and noone seems to really like to say things about this BUT

I am wondering how much money this website might need and please (!) correct me if I am wrong, this is "only" a bittorrent tracker and a board isn't it? Even with a million users it wouldn't create that much traffic that a server this big and furthermore expensive would be necessary. I do run several linux machines for big websites and really good performance servers with traffic limits around 1TB at real high quality root server providers are available for around 70$ a month. And these server hardware are surely capable of handling all of what this site here needs.

Please let us be more part of the exact problems and I am sure we all can profit from finding good solutions to keep this amazing place alive.

thanks for reading ;)
    M

We are on a unmetered server which costs $125.00 a month, I had to pay first/last along with $125.00 setup fee.

We have cPanel along with unlimited EVERTYTHING :)

All the software is paid for, any future upgrades would cost more money.

Many hosting companies well not host bittorrent sites

Don't you get real income through advertisements?
    I run my own metallica-fansite for 10 years now and I have to pay around 65$ per month out of my private pocket and I am a student with no real income and I don't say anything about it.

That really might sound stupid but I think if you run such a project like metfuk you have to give something to it and I am sure you did several times in the past. As I give $65 every month for my website's server and I do not get any dollar at all as income. What I want to say is, please don't close this site/project down "just" because it might not sustain itself financially only through donations. I see your point that 120$ bucks a month are very much dollars. But please, don't let this thing go down.

If I can help you in any way, please let me know!

Sincerely
    Intrepid

Quote Originally Posted by intrepid View Post
    Don't you get real income through advertisements?
    I run my own metallica-fansite for 10 years now and I have to pay around 65$ per month out of my private pocket and I am a student with no real income and I don't say anything about it.

That really might sound stupid but I think if you run such a project like metfuk you have to give something to it and I am sure you did several times in the past. As I give $65 every month for my website's server and I do not get any dollar at all as income. What I want to say is, please don't close this site/project down "just" because it might not sustain itself financially only through donations. I see your point that 120$ bucks a month are very much dollars. But please, don't let this thing go down.

If I can help you in any way, please let me know!

Sincerely
    Intrepid
    We have 1 renter on the server which is our only steady source of income, donations/ratio bypass ranges $5-$50 a month. I'd say the average is $30ish.
    As for advertisements we don't have any, but I'm going to add/test out google ads for a couple of months. This will only affect non-staff/supporters.

Ah I see. I am glad about you put those details bluntly. Thanks, helps me/us to understand the situation.

thanks to the next wave of members whom donated :)

Hi friends, I should be able to donate in a few days. Thanks for your hard work running this amazing site!!!

Cheers from Guatemala
    Emerson

One of the sent me to this website. Maybe we should click on this add more often to make him loose money.

Thanks to all whom donated !!

Keep up the donations everyone, looking much better!
    "A poet is not an apostle; he drives out devils only by the power of the devil." - Kierkegaard.

Hic sunt dracones.

Thanks everyone for your continuing support :)

Keep up the donations guys!.
    Don't be shy to donate when you grab the shows here!.

Sharing is caring
    :thanks:
    -James Hetfield-