MEGADETH Rejoined By Bassist DAVID ELLEFSON

WOW, pigs do fly...

MEGADETH founder and frontman Dave Mustaine has announced the return of original bassist David Ellefson (1983-2002) to the iconic multi-platinum group. This reunion is appropriately timed to MEGADETH's upcoming historic month-long "Rust In Peace" 20th anniversary tour which launches March 1 in Spokane, WA. At these incredibly special shows, MEGADETH will play their landmark, genre-defining 1990 album "Rust In Peace" in its entirety, in addition to other MEGADETH favorites.

"This shows the power of brotherly love and forgiveness," Mustaine says. "David Ellefson belongs in MEGADETH. Next we are going to show you the power of getting your asses kicked...HARD!"

David Ellefson concurs: "This is a huge moment for all of us, band and fans alike. It is a great celebration of the music from one of the biggest landmark albums of our career."

Ellefson will join Mustaine and MEGADETH band members Shawn Drover (drums) and Chris Broderick (guitar) on tour in support of the group's current CD, "Endgame", which has received some of the highest critical accolades of the band's career.

"We'd like to thank James Lomenzo for several years of loyal service on the bass, and wish him the very best," Mustaine adds.

Ellefson filed suit against Mustaine in 2004, claiming, among other things, breach of fiduciary obligation, libel and emotional distress.

Speaking to Cindy Scull of the Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas radio station 97.1 The Eagle Rocks in September 2009, Dave Mustaine stated about Lomenzo's addition to MEGADETH, "When Junior [Ellefson] and I parted ways, I thought, well, even though I don't care for this guy anymore after suing me, I certainly know it's gonna be some big shoes to fill. . . And when James Lomenzo came in... I was comparing James MacDonough [Ellefson's initial replacement in MEGADETH] to Junior a lot, and it wasn't working. But when Lomenzo came in, he plays as good as Junior does, and he sings better, because Junior couldn't sing. James was part of that WHITE LION thing way back in the '80s, and he can sing, man — he can sing really good."

In a fall 2009 interview with Eddie Trunk's "Friday Night Rocks" radio show on New York's Q104.3 FM, Dave Mustaine was asked whether he and Ellefson have mended their differences. "Well, I forgave him, but I'll never play with him again," Mustaine replied. "I talked to him a little while ago about coming back and playing with us when I first took MEGADETH out of the ashes, and then there was a period after that where we discussed it again. It's just not right, [and] it'll never be right. The guy, his butt grew together when I called him Junior, and I'm thinking, 'What the hell is wrong with that?' If it's that nit-picky where you can't even call somebody a nickname he's had for 20 frickin' years, it's like, things have changed. I mean, like I said, he's a good bass player. I'm sure his band... whatever it's called... I think it's F5 or something. There's several F5s, though. So he's the one in the band without the girl singer. But I'm sure that if it's meant to be for him, he's gonna be successful again; if not, I know he's happy doing his thing [working as an as an artist relations representative] with Peavey [manufacturer of musical equipment, gear and accessories]. The bottom line is I still respect and appreciate what he did for me being the bass player in MEGADETH for so long. Although what he did to me was very, very hurtful — especially airing all of the stuff that happened, because a lot of the stuff wasn't true; some of it was true, and I made mistakes — I'm human; I make mistakes — and I made amends for it. But even still, having made amends, it didn't matter; I was still in this lawsuit [that Ellefson filed against Mustaine shortly after Mustaine announced that he was reforming MEGADETH with a new lineup]. And that was kind of hurtful. But the bottom line is I went out to Arizona and I met him, and I said, 'I forgive you.' When I became a Christian, I really, really [didn't wanna] be another one of these idiots that are Christians who walk around and they embarrass themselves. I don't tell people how to live their lives, I don't tell people, 'You need to go to church,' 'cause that's not my place; I've got enough wrong with me right now where I would be a complete hypocrite. But I did know that if I continued to hold on to that bitterness for him, who would be hurting? Me. Because [Ellefson] doesn't care if I forgive him or not. I mean, I'm sure it made him feel better, because when he lost, he lost a lot — he lost me, he lost the band, he lost a lot of fans, he lost a lot of money... He had to pay all my court costs and everything. But the bottom line, again, I forgave him. Now, does that mean we're gonna swap spit and Christmas cards and stuff like that? No."

Good news, group with D. Ellefson is real fuckin MEGADETH!:good:

DAVE MUSTAINE hopes reunion with DAVID ELLEFSON is permanent

Dave Mustaine has released an audio message in which he comments on the the departure of bassist James Lomenzo and the return of the band's original bassist, David Ellefson.

"First, I wanna say thank you to James Lomenzo for his years of faithful and consistent service to MEGADETH and to me and to the fans," Mustaine says.

"James, I love you, and I wish you well in everything that you do.

"Now, the most exciting thing I've had to say for quite some time...

"Like I said at our web site, I had a huge announcement to make.... It's David Ellefson returning back to his home, to his roots, to where his partner has been waiting to one day jam with him again, and that wait for me is now over.

"We rehearsed and it sounded great. Dave even played on the new track that we recorded for this new project that's coming up — I'll be making an announcement soon about what that is. And it just sounded great. He looked great.

"We did a photo shoot.

"We just had an absolutely wonderful time together, and we just knew it was right.

"I don't know how long this is gonna last — I hope it's permanent. If it's just for the [upcoming] 'Rust In Peace' [20th-anniversary tour], I wanna thank David for committing to do this. And I wanna encourage all of you fans, go get your tickets now, because if you miss this, you may never see it again.

"I don't know... you may be the kind of person that's gonna be able to sit around when you're 70 and say, 'Yeah, well, I missed MEGADETH twice with David Ellefson.' That's OK. I'm not that kind of person. But that's what makes the world go around.

"I hope you take my lead today and you go and spend some time alone reflecting on people that you may need to forgive or that you may need their forgiveness, and see what happens, man.

"I feel so great, and I know so many of you feel great, too. And this is all because I was willing to take my hat in my hand and talk with my brother and to work things out."

Mustaine's entire two-minute-and-20-second message

Touring for two years was more than my body could take.
    You're there and your head tells you that you have to go on,
    but your body is close to giving out. Five to six days a week,
    i was on stage for about two and a half hours every night.
    Doing that for over two years, my larynx didn't feel great,
    it felt like my vocal cords were just falling apart
    -James Hetfield-

really cool to see Junior back in Megs :)

Wow, that's quite a turnaround in attitude but glad to see Junior back!
    "A poet is not an apostle; he drives out devils only by the power of the devil." - Kierkegaard.

Hic sunt dracones.

xXTinaXx Guest
    Really didn't expect that. I'm so excited!

metaltrust is offline "In Memory of Adam Zaremba"
    Yea,Dave and Dave were tight and went through so much for so long.Dave must feel like the father who forgives his prodigal son.
    Hope I see the tour this year. :)

eatshit Guest
    I was watching VH1 classic the otherday.Ellefson was on there and I thought to myself its about time hes back in the band.Hes doing nothing better and no disrespect to Lamenzo but he was in White Lion.I am glad Ellefsons back! I hope to stay.