Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    ...and justice for all, i remember playing it non stop when it first came out and seeing their show at Hammersmith Odean. It is still my favourite now.

This is going to make me unpopular (already!), but I'd have to say Load/Reload. I jumped onboard in 1997, and these albums provided the biggest intro to Metallica, and there's some really interesting music on 'em.

Runner up would be AJFA - I like that it breaks away from the formulaic guitar solo necessity, though as a bassist, it's a bit lacking in that department! :D

Master Of Puppets
    Ride The Lighting
    Kill 'Em All

Master Of Puppets is just kick ass all around,Ride the Lighting just plain wicked.These albums are when the still had angst. It doesn't hurt that I was a teenager when they came out:RpS_cool:

Load and Reload

because I like this era, unique atmosphere, for example Cunning Stunts, In my opinion it was the best Metallica era and 1996 (and of course 1997) was magic time for me.

Master of puppets...still my all time favourite Metallica Album!
    Why? It´s simply fantastic...still got goosebumps everytime i listen to it!!!

My favorite album is Master of Puppets. It was the first Metallica album I bought and I was just blown away by the musical genius that it is. I can always listen to it any time I want and I will never get tired of it. Totally awesome!

I really like the Load and Reload, because they are strongly moved to the side and make it impossible to cool albums in sound and melody.

Fave has to be Master Of Puppets. The rhythm guitars are so incredibly tight, it's downright hypnotic. BUT they are not at all lifeless, quite the opposite. The songs are perfect and the album as a whole is timeless.

I have to go with ...And Justice For All. That album really inspired me to dig deeper into my guitar and start working on more advanced playing techniques. I remember scratching my brain for months trying to figure out how Kirk played the solo for one! I rushed out and found a tab book(Back before we had YouTube) and I learned it front to back.

Not only did it inspire my playing, I really loved how they branched out and explored more progressive styles. Extending the songs and just making it a heavy hitting album front to back.

I just hate you can't hear Jason's Bass tracks as they were intended...but that is a whole different topic!

Kill em all - raw as shit

cmon 1 more post

RTL. It has so many various musical elements in it.

And Justice For All, I don't have a huge reason other than that I've always liked the songs, and I like that it's somewhat of a mix or bridge of elements of both their 80s stuff and early 90s stuff, it's a nice balance.

I love And Justice For All, maybe me is the only on to like that drum sound