Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    First thing I heard of Metallica was Fuel, my father bought Reload in '97 and I remember being 9 years old and loving that first song :D The rest of the album didn't do much for me at that time but it was basically the beginning for me preferring more guitar oriented music. First album I bought myself was St. Anger and since then I've been a huge fan of all of their stuff.

I actually never cared much for Metallica for most of my heavy metal listening life. I was and still am a huge fan of bands like Motley Crue, Ratt, Dokken, Dio, Osbourne, Skid Row, Loudness, Van Halen, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Savatage, Black Sabbath, Quiet Riot, Guns N Roses, Cinderella.....just to name a few. Favorite band of all time tho is MOTLEY FUCKING CRUE! \m/

Anyways, my girlfriend at the time was much more into bands like Metallica, Pantera and stuff like that. I had been collecting bootlegs of all my favorite bands, and decided to find some metallica shows for her to enjoy. Eventually after finding and watching shows from Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Pantera it just suddenly hit me how cool the trashier stuff was. So now I enjoy everything in metal from Stryper to Slayer, I feel my taste in metal is quit vast, tho I'm way more into the none trash bands, but the "big 4" are cool with me.

I was kinda anti-metallica for a while because first of all...I am simply into the lighter stuff, and that I hated that everybody liked metallica, and trashheads hated on the glam stuff so much I did the same to them. I hated on trash for a long time, putting it down like others put down glam. But after hearing "creeping death" it changed me, that song is wicked, it got me into metallica, but favorite metalllica song for me is "for whom the bell tolls" for sure..Then "puppets", "ride the lighting" and a bunch of other stuff.

So yeah..that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

It was really the Cliff Em All Video(VHS)back in the days. i was 10/11 and was blown away after seeing this by an older friend ... sadly he told me after watching it that the crazy bass player in this video was already dead(you know who!)!
    after this he gave me all the first 3 albums and after that i was into metallica!

I was 12 years old when a friend showed me a mix tape with many bands... I was listening it and Whiplash started... and it made me fucking crazy! Then I bought kill 'em all, some magazines about the band... great times when pc wasn't the main way to find stuff
    since then this band has been part of my life through all those years GODDAMN IM GETTIN OLD

Puppets was the first song I heard as a kid, and it started from there.

Because is f@cking best

I first heard Met in Myrtle Beach S.C. during the summer of 1986. A guy on the beach had MOP playing on his boombox, been a fan ever since...those were the days!

Because their consistent as fuck.

in 1991 . i was starting to listen rock/hard music , and Enter Sandman video kicked me in the ass. in a few days i bought all the previous Metallica albums. Master fo puppets remains my favourite.

Since I first heard One on the local radio here in Belgium (stubru) I've been a fan ever since.

Best band. End of story.

First experience was....eemmmm....7 years ago?...I was making a good mainstream metal compilation for my mp3 player while I was going on the road for vacations....I downloaded(!!!yes!!!) couple of 'Tallica songs...Sandman, Wolf, Fight Fire, Sanitarium and so it began....

I first heared them in either later 84 or early 85 from a music for nations compilation album and there was track from Ride album. I forget the track concerned, but I kept playing it. Then soon Metallica announced they were playing Donington Monsters of Rock. saw that and then next year puppets came out and saw em again Hammersmith Odeon. Then a week later the cliff accident happened. Jason joined and then they rescheduled their European tour. That when I went to my first foreign show. I was now hooked and have been ever since.

My friend Dave...older than me, one of the cool kids everyone liked, loved Metallica, and me and a couple of others went round his house quite often and one day he put on Kill 'Em All. That was the beginning for me, about 12 years ago.

Back in '87, I was just getting into metal...was a fan of hair metal bands until my bud bought Ride the Lightning.....I never looked back after that.