Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    thanks

when i was 12 years old i Saw the Kill em all cover and bought the CD (because it looked evil). Back then it was "cool" to listen to "heavy" music. Then i went on to buy Ride the lightning and from then i've been hooked. My biggest dream then was to be like James hetfield - a True rock star! HELL YEH!

i am also a fan because I don't know another band that is better at switching between slower sections and suddenly change into a metal to the pedal speed, like battery etc.!

I first heard them when I was really young, about 5 years old(1985). Ride the Lightning, was the first Metallica album I ever listened to, I only heard one or two songs, I can't even remember the source that well. (Radio? I do know I was with my sister who was an 80's chick, so I got exposed to all that great music through her, and her friends, etc,.)

I went out and got me a copy of MOP(86-87ish), and played it to death, I soon picked up my own copy of RTL, and Kill em' All, I later got JFA, then shortly after I picked up the TBA. (Load->Reload->Etc,.)

Metallica was a big part of my childhood, and MOP inspired me to play guitar, in particular the solo to the titular track. (I love that whole acoustic bit, and the following solo, frickin' bad ass.)

But, I can't really say, I like any one album\song the best, it's just Metallica, I appreciate almost everything they've done. (Even Load\Reload, which a lot of folks hated, were good IMO. Bleeding Me, Outlaw Torn, etc, all good songs.)

I have mixed feelings about some of their newest work, but, still love them. :)
    I will be your misery, I'm gonna be your Hell.

S&M - a friend let me borrow the CD in high school, and I was hooked. Bought the DVD quick enough, and have enjoyed Metallica ever since, though I have lost the taste for the stuff from the 90s.

My first clear memory of them is watching the Memory Remains video on the Swedish music video chart show VoxPop. Never bought the album though but listened to it, Load, S&M and TBA with friends around that time, got St.A when it came out but never really got hooked. A year or two later I was playing Tony Hawk's Underground 2 which featured Whiplash, it sounded nothing like the Metallica I was familiar with and I knew I had to check it out. Got Kill 'Em All and when I heard Motorbreath for the first time that was the moment that I took my first step out of the casual fan zone.

Back in 92 I happened to see a video (Wherever I may roam) on MTV. We did not have MTV earlier so had very little exposure to international music over the radio. Anyways, a friend of mine had a tape of Justice. As the intro to Blackened began, I was hooked instantly! I bought my own tape. Within a week I spent all my savings on getting Kill 'em All, and Ride. In a months time I got Master and Black as well. I've grown to love the music each time it's played... even if it is the millionth time, its still epic and gives me goose bumps.
    None of the hundreds of other bands I've listened to have come close to having this effect.

Making this quick. Heard Metallica 1st time when KEA came out, wasn't that impressed. Got a copy of RTL as a present when it came out and it totally blew me away. I have always like all kinda of heavy rock-based music, still do. Metallica was something different back then. Even with some of their weaker albums they always have kinda stayed in touch with their roots, especially playing live. Even though I have run into lots of newer bands that I like a lot 'Tallica is still something that spins in my player on weekly basis.

When I was 6 years old my dad brought home this CD called "Metallica: The Black Album". I was fully into stuff like Journey, Steve Miller Band, Styx, and so on. So I trusted my dad when it came to good music because he was the one who showed me all of those bands. He put the CD in the player and I fell in love with the whole album the first time I heard it. \m/ As I got older, I explored more of the Metallica world and eventually discovered the rest of the albums. I fell in love with them just as fast. But St. Anger took a little getting used to. Today, one of my favorite songs is from that album. :)

Also, just at the beginning of this year (around February) I was going through MAJOR rough times. Family issues, relationship issues, friendship issues, and just utter confusion and depression. So I decided one day that I would peacefully leave the world by means of sitting in a closed garage, in the car, with the car on. Yeah... I was stupid. But anyhoo... I grabbed the closest CD, so it wasn't so quiet, and headed to the car. Not realizing what the CD was, I shoved it into the CD player. The heart beats that tell me "That Was Just Your Life" is playing cued my sobs. I began crying... also laughing at my stupidity. I realized that if I died, I wouldn't be able to play music or even have a chance at my dream of one day opening for the monster that IS Metallica. <3

So there... there is my long ass reason for loving the band and still being a loyal, know-it-all fan. LOL xD

around 1992 i was just getting into metal. I was a diehard Pantera fan from the first day I heard their music and was looking for other stuff to listen to. I thought the name "Metallica" sounded badass so I bought a tape of Ride The Lightning and soon after Kill Em All. MOP AJFA followed and I absolutely loved it. I did not, however, care much for the black album. I still listen to the pre-black stuff regularly but can't get into a whole lot after that. I will always respect them for what they did for metal but I still scratch my head at some of the music they've put out in the last 20 years. Man obviously changes with age; so have they and so have I.

because is the best and play heavy music
    they care about their audiences for example black album recorded 3 times
    metallica=god

Simply because they're the best

there is something about Metallica that no other band has.. when I saw them in 2012 James just seemed so stoked to play and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

They were the first heavy band I got into and there is frankly no band that comes close to their songs.. all 4 80's albums are just incredible.

Back in the early 80's they had a college station here that played metal on saturday nights. the night they played No Remorse & Jump In The Fire from Kill Em All and that was the 1st time I heard them. I picked up Kill Em All shortly afther that and I was hooked,been a fan every since.

It started when I was 17 years old, from a friend I heard the album "Kill em All" and "Garage Inc".
    I fell in love with this music and to this day I like it.