Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who the hell is going to produce the damn album?

According to this: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...wsitemID=48339
    Rick Rubin is going to produce the next Linkin Park album. And while it doesn't mention a time frame, I'd assume it's taking place shortly.

Bob Cock enters the studio with Motley Crue in May.

So what does that leave Metallica with?

trollkopf Guest

Re: Who the hell is going to produce the damn album?

this guy will produce:

It will have to be one of two things: they are gonna do it themselves or they'll wait for Rock/Rubin.

wait, so what does the linkin park album have to do with Metallica?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFinalProphecy
    wait, so what does the linkin park album have to do with Metallica?

:roll:

Metallica are apparently in the studio - yet the two producers who were linked with producing Metallica's next album are both occupied with different bands. Makes sense now? ;)

Maybe Metallica shall surprise us all and bring back Flemming Rasmussen, to reflect the return to their roots :lol:

More seriously: their next producer might be ProTools, or they are going to take forever and a day to come out with their next album, like they did with SKOM.
    "A poet is not an apostle; he drives out devils only by the power of the devil." - Kierkegaard.

Hic sunt dracones.

Maybe the New album is finished , interesting thought .
    It has been almost two years or so after the last concert in november 2004 , meaning the wanted to go into the studio right after wards .Then they all blow smoke ,talking about how they have been doing their individual things.VAcations , divorces you name it . What if they were just fucking with us .

Quote Originally Posted by Lipsander
    It will have to be one of two things: they are gonna do it themselves or they'll wait for Rock/Rubin.

maybe i missed the memo but when did Rock/Rubin become the only producers in the world...

personally i would like to see them work with someone good & established but at the same time not insanely huge...i know this would never happen in a million years but i think it would be interesting to see them work with John Custer, and the only reason i mention this because with James being a good friend of Pepper Keenan's and John having produced all of COCs shit (which James loves) i'm sure they've met many times (especially since James was on wiseblood and they were recording Load in the same building as wiseblood)...but if Metallica wants to keep going with the downtuned stuff and then maybe with Rob more groovy stuff i could see John being a good choice considering that's what he's been making sound great with COC for years....

but i guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens...honestly they could already have picked the guy and be working with him and just not telling anyone...

Quote Originally Posted by Am_I_Evil
    maybe i missed the memo but when did Rock/Rubin become the only producers in the world...

personally i would like to see them work with someone good & established but at the same time not insanely huge...i know this would never happen in a million years but i think it would be interesting to see them work with John Custer, and the only reason i mention this because with James being a good friend of Pepper Keenan's and John having produced all of COCs shit (which James loves) i'm sure they've met many times (especially since James was on wiseblood and they were recording Load in the same building as wiseblood)...but if Metallica wants to keep going with the downtuned stuff and then maybe with Rob more groovy stuff i could see John being a good choice considering that's what he's been making sound great with COC for years....

but i guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens...honestly they could already have picked the guy and be working with him and just not telling anyone...

Using COC's producer would just lead to a blues inspired, COC type sound. They failed at their various attempts during the Load era at doing that.

They need an actual METAL producer to wake them the fuck up.

My dream choices:
    1. Andy Sneap
    2. Fredrik Nordstrom
    3. Devin Townsend

I agree Arrogant, we need a metal influence back in them.

I think it would be a poor decision to work without a producer. So hopefully they will find someone that's available and will be a good fit for them.

It would seem most likely that the reason they are doing South Africa and then the European thing in the summer is because they are waiting for their producer of choice to be free. I would imagine alot of demos might have been done, but I sadly am not expecting to see an album this year.
    Hidden Content

Not trading for forseeable future:o:o:o:o:oB)

Producers CAN multi-task you know. Maybe Rock/Rubin will handle two projects at once.

i may be talking out of my ass but if they're already talking about playing a new song on this little tour (see blabbermouth) then i think they're a lot farther than the basic jamming stage...so either they're doing it themselves or they already have some producer in there with them and they're keeping it quiet....or i could just totally be off base....
    Last edited by Am_I_Evil; 02-15-2006 at 10:33 PM.

I honestly think they are way farther than we think also. I mean they aren't ready to put out the album or anything, but I do believe they have quite a few songs already written. We could see them jamming to some new songs at the beginning of the upcoming shows, kinda like the Load/Reload tour.