Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Why you are a Metallica Fan?

I've heard Metallica in '90 for the first time on tape. I believe it was MOP? I can't remember. I liked that tape! As I heard those songs I was in the Metallica fever! I bought the "Metal Hammer" a magazine in Germany. I wrote a few guys and my first boots were:
    Audio: Maximus Metallus (S.F. 82)
    Video: I was in Hamburg with my family and as I was at home Troy 1989 was in my mail bax

What an amazing moment. The first time to see Metallica's first live show! I watched that gig over and over again! Now it was time to collect Videos and Audios! I saw them live a few times. My first Met Gig was 19.10.96! I met my heroes! I freaked out! I met them 4 times I think!

But why YOU a fan of Metallica????????????

A friend of mine made me see back in 2000 the Cunning Stunts. Except So What / Creeping Death, I didn't like it. I used to listen only rock (toto, Queen, etc.) and that was too "hard" for me. Some weeks later, he gave me the S&M ... and that was a kick in my a**. Call of Ktulu and One with the sympho still make me feel like ... eeeeh don't know how to say. I think the symphony helped me to like 'Tallica.

I then started to play guitar during the same period, and for the story, I received the MOP tabs before the album, and when I saw all the tabs for Damage inc., I said : "this one will destroy everything". And ten years later, it's still my favorite song from the band.

I saw them live only once (Mannheim 2003, only have the mp3 boot so pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase if anyone has the lossless one !!!)

So basically, I'm a fan because they succeed with the symphony. And since this time, I'm a fan because ... Hey man, it's the best man heavy metal band !!!!

I first heard Metallica when the One single was out. I think that was 1993? It was on the radio and I taped the song because I loved it.

Then in 1997 I bought my first Metallica album, AJFA, and I was hooked. The music really speaks to me.

I've seen them three times - 2004, and twice this year - and they put on amazing shows. Being able to hear Orion live has been one of the highlights of my year so far.
    "A poet is not an apostle; he drives out devils only by the power of the devil." - Kierkegaard.

Hic sunt dracones.

Good question!

It was so long along I cannot remember, all I do remember is I played the shit out of Kill 'em All cassette I had to replace it a couple of times. All I had to do was see them live once and i was addicted.

I was first put onto METALLICA in 1989. They toured Australia for the first time [well Melbourne and Sydney that is!] but there was a vibe around them that I liked...then the Black album was released in 91 and that was it...I was hooked and have never looked back...first time I saw them was in '93...but over the years their music got me through difficult times like many others...on top of that was the sheer brilliance and enjoyment I got and still get listening to their music...I've been lucky enough to see them twice in two months and still cant speak highly enough of them! I'll be a fan till I die!

the first record which i heard was the creeping death single and then i'm fascinated from Metallica and specially the whole Thrash-Metal bands

The first I heard was Kill Em All tape with some MOP songs on the end of tape. Kill Em Was no complete so I first think that there is only 8 songs (no Hit The Lights & Pulling Teeth). I liked what I heard and when I see Cliff Em All video I was delighted. And 20 years after I still love them a lot.

1996, during the Load era. felt in love with Bleeding me (totally underrated and probably in my Top 5 fav songs) and been a fan since.
    Hidden Content Latest Update: 2012-04-05

Good Tunes'

I think it was back in 1988. My sister's boyfriend at the time had a band and they played Orion. It sounded so cool that I was hooked forever. Now when I'm and old fart I aim to see Metallica every year until they retire.

I actually became a fan around the time of St Anger. Sure I had heard a couple of songs off of TBA, the loads and garage inc, but it wasn't until St Anger I actually started listening a lot to them. Not my fav. album nowadays tho.

i actually got on to them when i listened to nothing else matters. and then a few youtube links later i discovered their heavier stuff. then theres load and reload to rest your ears. im a huge fan because of their musicality and amazing performances. never fails to entertain anyone who listens to them. i do hope they have a concert here in the philippines before they call it a day.

Good question!

It was so long along I cannot remember, all I do remember is I played the shit out of Kill 'em All cassette I had to replace it a couple of times. All I had to do was see them live once and i was addicted.

Response to question: Why are you not a maiden fan?! :)

First time experience with Metallica was in '97 when i found 2 cassetes with Live Shit and garrage days re-visited..but really got in to them in 99 when i put my hands on the first 3 albums..since then i must say that i am a fanatic \m/ :D