Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
1983-08-03, Salty Dog Skyroom, Buffalo, NY

1983-08-03, Salty Dog Skyroom, Buffalo, NY

Metallica
    Salty Dog Skyroom
    Buffalo,NY
    January 20, 1985

I originally had this posted as 1988-08-03, but research proved it to be the 1985 show. They were playing with WASP. I got this in trade as a CD-R, so I have no idea on the lineage. It was extremely loud and quite distorted throughout the spectrum. One look at the wave and it was a big solid block of color. I turned the volume way down and restored the clipped data, then EQd it and turned it back up with a softer edge. There's still distortion in the lower end, but I believe that's from the source tape, not the bad mastering. Now because this is from CD-R I had a hell of a time determining if it was lossy or not, TLH says 4 songs are 100% lossless, but questions a couple others. A spectral analysis while playing the file showed a fairly smooth threshold, no haircut, so I'm going with it being lossless, even though the high end sounds a bit tinkly like a lossy file. That may have to do with the clip restoration. I'm about 80% sure its lossless.

01 Ecstacy Of Gold
    02 Fight Fire With Fire
    03 Ride The Lightning
    04 Phantom Lord
    05 Anasthesia
    06 For Whom The Bell Tolls

This is only a portion of the show, but its all that I've ever located. The entire setlist is:

Ecstasy of Gold (tape)
    Fight Fire With Fire
    Ride the Lightning
    Phantom Lord
    Bass Solo
    For Whom the Bell Tolls
    No Remorse
    The Call of Ktulu
    Seek & Destroy
    Whiplash
    Creeping Death
    Guitar Solo
    Am I Evil?
    Motorbreath

If anyone out there has the entire show, please contact me

As with nearly everything I post/share, do not sell, but feel welcome to convert anything I post/share to any format you like, lossy or otherwise, and feel free to share/trade it that way. Spread the music as much as possible, in any format possible. Music should be free and for everyone to enjoy as they see fit. If a person is completely satisfied with an Mp3, then they should be allowed to get it that way. All music should exist in all available formats, be it lossless, lossy, phone files (well maybe not phone files), or whatever. The more formats the more people will be exposed to the variety of music out there, and that's a good thing no matter how you slice it. Just make sure everyone knows what they're getting.
    Last edited by Sailing home; 07-14-2008 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Edit the threadtitle

thanks }{eywood :)

Thanks for this upload:good:.
    Could u add a Frequency Analysis.
    Touring for two years was more than my body could take.
    You're there and your head tells you that you have to go on,
    but your body is close to giving out. Five to six days a week,
    i was on stage for about two and a half hours every night.
    Doing that for over two years, my larynx didn't feel great,
    it felt like my vocal cords were just falling apart
    -James Hetfield-

here's a frequency analysis
    Attached Images Attached Images
      To view attachments your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Intersting show, cheers

tytiiiore Guest

The Reason of Being Late

Bump! thx !   Teacher: Johnny, why are you late for school every morning?  Johnny: Every time I come to the corner, a guidepost says, 'School -- Go Slow'.Welcome to our website for you World of Warcraft Gold,Wow Gold,Cheap World of Warcraft Gold,buy cheap wow Power Leveling,real wow gold,sell wow gold, ... Supply Cheap WoW Gold to our loyal customers. Buy WoW Gold,cheap aoc gold, now, we have available stock of aoc power leveling,on most of the servers. We can provide really cheap World of warcraft Power Leveling. Enjoy a new life, We are a world class wow Power Leveling store online !

Quote Originally Posted by tytiiiore View Post
    Bump! thx !   Teacher: Johnny, why are you late for school every morning?  Johnny: Every time I come to the corner, a guidepost says, 'School -- Go Slow'.Welcome to our website for you World of Warcraft Gold,Wow Gold,Cheap World of Warcraft Gold,buy cheap wow Power Leveling,real wow gold,sell wow gold, ... Supply Cheap WoW Gold to our loyal customers. Buy WoW Gold,cheap aoc gold, now, we have available stock of aoc power leveling,on most of the servers. We can provide really cheap World of warcraft Power Leveling. Enjoy a new life, We are a world class wow Power Leveling store online !

OH NO!!!, NOT AGAIN THIS CRAP:swoon:
    Last edited by Sailing home; 09-06-2008 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Add info
    Touring for two years was more than my body could take.
    You're there and your head tells you that you have to go on,
    but your body is close to giving out. Five to six days a week,
    i was on stage for about two and a half hours every night.
    Doing that for over two years, my larynx didn't feel great,
    it felt like my vocal cords were just falling apart
    -James Hetfield-

can i get a seeder please, TIA!!!

Armored Saint was also on this show, it was the 2nd time Metallica had played the "Sky Room". The time before was in 1983 with Motorhead and Raven and this was during the bands first US Tour. I was the DJ there for many years, started during SR year of HS and seen soooo many great shows and bands! Below is a copy of the original flyer to this show, now how do I get to listen to this recording??WaspMetallica&.jpg

wow, extra rare